First Economic Forum Is Launched
The Texas A&M University-Kingsville College of Business Administration, in conjunction with the City of Kingsville and the Kingsville Economic Development Council, hosted an Economic Forum and Luncheon on Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at the Memorial Student Union Building. Kleberg Bank sponsored the event in which more than eighty individuals attended to hear a formal presentation on a wide variety of economic information pertaining to Kingsville and the surrounding areas. Featured speakers, Dr. Keith R. Phillips, senior economic and policy advisor at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas-San Antonio Branch, shared an "Overview of the Texas Economy;" and Dr. Thomas Kreuger, professor and director of faculty research for the College of Business Administration, spoke about "Economic Information on a Three-County Area with a Narrow Focus on Kleberg County.
TAMU System Recognizes Vanessa Meling
The Texas A&M University System awarded Vanessa Meling, Lecturer in the Department of Management and Marketing, and Adria Vasquez, Lecturer in the Department of Accounting and Finance, with a Teaching Excellence Award. Professors receiving the award were selected based on student evaluations and recommendations from the fall 2011 semester. Recipients receive monetary awards which vary and are dependent on where they are placed in the award ranking. The program was initiated by McKinney in 2008 at the main A&M campus, the Prairie View campus and the Kingsville campus as a way to reward the System's teachers. Faculty members who teach classes worth at least three credit hours and have at least sixteen students are eligible for the award.
and Adria Vasquez for Teaching Excellence
2012 Federation of Business
The 39th Annual Meeting of the Federation of Business Disciplines was recently held in New Orleans, Louisiana on February 29 - March 3, 2012. There were more than 200 sessions, workshops, consortiums, business meetings and receptions that offered dynamic, intellectually-challenging and stimulating programs. Seven business faculty members chaired and/or presented at the conference. Those participating included: Dr. Valerie L. Bartelt, Dr. Alicia Cavazos-Garza, Dr. John Cicala, Dr. Kelly Fisher, Dr. Michael Grayson, Dr. Barbara Oates, and Dr. Monica Santaella.
Thanks to Our February Classroom Speakers!
- Mark Vallejo – IBM Corporations
“Experiences & Insights on Diversity in the Organization ”
- Scott Conard – Young's Pizza, "Incorporating Social Media Tools at Young's Pizza"
- Jim Troia – ROTC Recruiter, "What Is ROTC?" and "Logistic Civil Augmentation Program"
- Paula Hanson – A&M-Kingsville Comptroller, "Financial Management Decisions at A&M-Kingsville"
- Robert Williams – Williams Web Solutions, "From Graduation to Owning Your Own Business: Experience of a Former Student" and "Information Security in the SMB"
- LTC Richard Spainhour – A&M-Kingsville ROTC Director, "Statistics in the U.S. Military"
- Shane Meling – A&M-Kingsville Sports Information Director, "Statistics in Sports-Stratomatic"
- Ryan Butcher – Fastenal, "Managerial Issues"
Stay connected with the CBA!
For More Information, Contact: College of Business Administration
MSC 182, 700 University Blvd., Kingsville, TX 78363-8202
Contact Phone: 361-593-3801
To subscribe to the Business Bulletin, click here.